Northcoast Needlers Guild Quilt Show April 22-23 in Westlake
The Northcoast Needlers' 2017 "My Favorite Chix are Quilters" Quilt Show returns April 22nd and 23rd from 10 am to 5 pm to the Westlake High School (newly built!), 27830 Hilliard Blvd, Westlake, OH 44145. The return of this show provides a weekend of creative inspiration for fellow quilters and incredible quilts and fiber arts to awe all attendees! Over 250 quilts including guild challenge display.
Donation: $5.00; Seniors: $4.00; Ages 10 & under: free
Handicapped accessible, stroller friendly, free parking.
North Coast Needlers will be offering stuffed "Chix" for adoption and fees will be donated to Northeast Ohio Adoption Services, Inc.to further their work in northeast Ohio.
In addition, tickets for this beautiful raffle quilt are now being sold. It is absolutely stunning and the quilting is exquisite!
Special Events and Features of the Show:
- Gorgeous raffle quilt.
- Challenge quilts, "Chix Run Wild" and a block donation "Chix for Kids". The contest blocks will be crafted into a quilt and will be raffled off to support this years donation recipient: NOAS.
- Vendor Mall
- Much more including Quilt-side Cafe and door prizes.
For further information, see the North Coast Needlers' website and click the link to the 2017 Quilt Show.
NEORQC Fabric Challenge Returns!
The only requirement is to use a recognizable piece of the
Challenge fabric. Categories for viewer's choice:
- Large quilts (beyond 30" on a side)
- Small quilts / wall hangings
- Totebags / purses
- Wearables & Miscellaneous
Fat quarters available at the Oct 2016 and March 2017 meetings for $3. The money collected will be used for the prizes.
Finished projects will be displayed and prizes awarded by popular vote at the June 2017 General meeting.
Host Guilds Needed
We are seeking a guild to volunteer to host a meeting in 2017 (June or October). NEORQC currently offers $250 to host guilds to cover expenses.
Host supplies these basic needs:
- Facility with room setup for the meeting
- Educational Program Speaker
- Lunch is generally potluck, but the host supplies light morning pastries, coffee & punch and table service (ie plates & eating utensils)
NEORQC has its own microphone system if one is not available at the facility. Contact Beth Headings, VP for additional information at email@example.com or click here for a checklist document ....
Support our local member shops and quilt teachers!!
They are the best!!